The New England Gilbert & Sullivan Society (NEGASS) was formed in 1976 to foster appreciation of the works of Sir William Gilbert and Sir Arthur Sullivan. Eight to ten times a year we hold meetings at which we sing together, watch live performances, and enjoy scholarly discussions.
MEMBER BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- FREE ADMISSION TO OUR MEETINGS, including several concerts and staged readings per year, prepared especially for NEGASS members, by NEGASS members, as well as performances and lectures by guest artists and experts from out of town.
- A SUBSCRIPTION TO OUR PUBLICATION, The Trumpet Bray, presenting news, reviews, audition notices and schedules of upcoming performances from far and near.
- PERFORMING OPPORTUNITIES for soloists to present arias, scenes, and even readings of entire roles in concert before an appreciative audience; for ensemble singers to join in lively choruses; and sometimes for conductors and instrumentalists, too.
- ACCESS TO A PLETHORA OF INFORMATION regarding Gilbert, Sullivan and their works through our many members, whose knowledge ranges from esoteric facts to practical suggestions about characterization and traditional performing practices.
- DISCOUNTED ADMISSION to a growing number of local Gilbert & Sullivan productions.
- THE OPPORTUNITY TO SUPPORT G&S ACROSS NEW ENGLAND, as membership dues help us purchase advertisements in playbills for productions of the Gilbert & Sullivan operas.
HOW TO JOIN: Membership begins at $25. Many of our members opt to join at higher levels of $30, $50, or $100, to better fund our programming and our support of Gilbert & Sullivan productions. NEGASS memberships also make wonderful gifts!
Note: Individual memberships are not required for children. Kids 17 and under are welcome with parents who are members.